Painting a Doodle Frame Border
In this lesson I show how I painted the doodle border framing a long quote and some of the text in spread two.
Here is a list of lettering/doodling supplies you will need for this lesson to paint the doodle border:
- Journal Pages of watercolor paper to doodle and write on
- Paints: At least 5 Colors Acrylic Paint, preferably Golden brand fluid acrylic paints not counting white or black in colors you would like to use in your journal. You will get more vibrant results if at least three of these are transparent colors. Also you may want to use Titanium white too. See my notes on paints attached to the bottom of the Supply List PDF.
- Brushes: Any acrylic or mixed media brushes should work. For the more refined work in this lesson you may want: one small round brush and one medium round that comes to a good point.
- Acrylic Matte Medium to put on surface before painting. Putting it on after painting is optional.
- Palette/s – may use paper plates or plastic lids etc.
- Protective covering for table
- Rubbing alcohol (optional) for removing acrylic paint
- Water container
- Paper towels
The following video is a demo of my process of painting a doodle frame border in the Hope Journal:
The password for the video is: do-letter