The image above is from that very art journal and reflects my hope for the year and the direction of the art journaling workshops that start February 15th in my studio in HIllsboro, Oregon. Currently I am focusing on the process of “play” and have thrown “shoulds” to the wind. It is quite freeing and has let me loosen up and prompted me to make new journaling prompts to share.
In the workshop we will begin by painting papers (some new techniques too) including: shaving cream painting, painting tissue paper for translucent color, starch painting etc. Some are shown below:
In the post just before this one it gives a good idea of one of the processes we will be going through in the class.
Here’s some more info:
Plan to play while you learn during this 6-session weekly Art Journaling Workshop.
Techniques taught include :
- Painting collage papers & backgrounds
- Using acrylic paints and mediums
- Making silhouettes & stencils
- Combining doodling and text
- Applying transfers
- Assembling collages
- How to work on more than on 2-page layout spread at a time
- Written step-by-step instructions, and journaling tips & prompts are included
- Supply list provided of materials to bring (Email me if you are interested and I will send you the list)
- Price: $200 + $10 supply fee which includes: Spiral Watercolor Pad size 7” x 10”, sheet of 9” x 12” film and card stock for cutting stencils, stenciling sponge, paper for painting papers, freezer paper for drying papers, painting paper materials to use in class
- Dates & Times for weekly classes:
February 15th – March 21st 2012 on Wednesdays:
Wednesday Mornings from 9:30 am-12:30 pm
Wednesday Evenings from 6:30 pm-9:30 pm
This workshop is designed to renew and refresh the creative spirit of adults and teens in a fun, safe retreat-like setting. Suitable for all levels of artistic ability and experience.
Deadline to sign up is February 1st, 2012
Blessings of hope and peace to you!