Psalm 18:26-36 NRSV
Below is a Description of my Art Process and Materials used:
– Reduced the size of the outline of the deer I had drawn earlier from my photo, and printed it out.
– Put the tracing (deli) paper over the page in my Bible for Bible Journaling, I traced over the shape of the deer in pencil, and wrote the text.
– Traced over the pencil lines with size XS and S Pitt pens.
– Erased the lines with a kneaded eraser.
– Cut around the outline of the entire shape with small scissors.
– Painted the background of the Bible page and allowed it to dry thoroughly
– Glued the deer deli paper shape onto the Bible page with a glue stick.
– Painted the negative shapes between the legs to match the background.
NOTE: Sandwich deli wrap paper is not available everywhere. I bought mine, First Street brand at Cash & Carry here in the U.S. The paper is also called Dry Wax paper, but is different than the regular wax paper I buy at the grocery store. I also have used Kabnet wax brand that is available on Amazon or at Costco. It is folded and more waxy on one side so I prefer the First Street brand, although it works if you use the pen on the less waxy side. I have noticed other brands on Amazon, Marcal and Logan, but I haven’t tried them. If you have, it would be great for you to let us know in the comments. There may be substitutions where you live. Look for translucent paper that can withstand wet media.
To make the products I talk about in this blog and videos more accessible and to answer product questions, I’ve affiliated with Amazon.com. I do not get paid for using any of the products and only share products I use often, and am pleased to recommend them. I get a number of questions regarding the products I use. I thought this would be the win/win opportunity for you and I. If you click on any of the Amazon product links above and purchase the product, I receive a small percentage, like a tip. It does not cost you anything.