Making a yearly bullet journal centered around my Word of the Year has been incredibly rewarding and helpful in living out a Word of the year. A blank journal can be intimidating at first. Having a Word themed focus helps inspire making a bullet journal you want to engage with the whole year.
7 Reasons to include a Word of the Year
in your bullet journal
- A bullet journal provides a place to focus on and revisit a Word of the Year
- Putting the Word of the Year, its definition, relevant Scripture, quotes and affirmations help affirm the word at the beginning with deeper understanding of the Word.
- The Word itself can give inspiration on how to set up your bullet journal with a specific style and color that are suited to your Word.
- The bullet journal gives space to add a theme page related to your page or to learn more about a specific aspect of the Word.
- Featuring a Word of the Year in a journal gives the opportunity to expand artistic skill and visual vocabulary through learning a new style of lettering, techniques and design.
- A bullet journal gives the opportunity to experiment with a new, limited color palette throughout the year.
- It’s just plain fun to express yourself and learn new creative ways of doing artwork.
Video blog posts coming soon:
- Basic Word of the Year journal supplies
- Pages I set up in my Word of the Year bullet journal
- How to make stenciled letters not look like stencils
I’d love to hear how your Word of the Year is coming. You can let me know and comment in the comments section by scrolling down to the bottom of this post.
Blessings and Cheers to You
as You Go on the Word of the Year Adventure!
If you are contemplating having a Word of the Year or feeling challenged in choosing one, this post may help: https://valeriesjodin.com/2019/11/choosing-word-of-the-year-focus/. Below are previous posts with Word of the Year themes.
Living Your Word 2020 Opportunity!
Bernice Hopper, and Mary Brack, and I share insights through blog posts for creatively living a word of the year. In our Facebook group, we encourage one another by posting questions and prompts to inspire living out a word focus, keeping a journal etc. It is a safe place to ask for prayer and support. If you would like to connect with others in creative ways about living your word, you can ask to join our Living Your Word of the Year 2020 by clicking on the link below.
URL for Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livingyourwordoftheyear/
URLs for Instagram: #livingyourword2020
CHECK OUT THE BLOGS:
Valerie: https://valeriesjodin.com/blog/ (this one :-))