Grow - Bloom - Thrive!
Art Journaling Weekend Workshop
Nurture your creative Spirit with me this June in my studio. We will venture into creative play to explore, expand and express our creative selves, making unique and beautiful art journals in an inspiring retreat-like setting.
Make an Art Journal with me in my Studio!
The visual theme of my journal this year is based on whimsical trees, leaves, and celebrating the joy of being in nature. The word theme is THRIVE and all the related words I hope for us: grow, bloom, flower, cultivate, fruit, flourish and shine. There are more of course, but you get the idea.
Art Journaling Workshop
2 1/2 – Days this June 26-28 2020!
This workshop is about getting inspired, playing with paint and learning techniques such as: painting papers for collage, using stencils, binding a simple journal, doodling, creative lettering, collage with painted papers, and layering and shading with paint. To accommodate a variety of skill levels you can follow step-by-step to make the same journal I’m making OR you are free to venture out with your own ideas and theme. I’m excited and would love to have you join me!
Lunch on Saturday & Sunday is provided. Daily snacks and drinks provided.
My studio is in Oregon USA. For more info and registration click on the button below:Register Now!
Celebrate your creativity!
In this class you will experience:
- being a part of a small class size in a safe, inspiring environment and pleasant atmosphere ready for creative play and adventure
- creative freedom with options to: follow step-by-step to make a journal just like mine OR adapt the techniques to your own idea and theme, OR a combination of the two.
- connecting with like-hearted people
- step-by-step demos with written instructions followed by opportunities to go through the processes
- painting papers for collage using various techniques
- creative ways to use stencils: patterns with paint sprays, to define edges, how to make a stencil not look like a stencil…
- binding a simple journal made with watercolor paper
- collage methods of layering and integrating your painted papers with paint
- painting coordinating backgrounds
- doodling and creative lettering
- Snack, drinks, and lunches provided
Cultivate your creativity!
Nurture your creativity!
Blessings to you as you create!
Peek into previous art journaling adventures!
Living Your Word 2020 Opportunity!
Bernice Hopper, and Mary Brack, and I share insights through blog posts for creatively living a word of the year. In our Facebook group, we encourage one another by posting questions and prompts to inspire living out a word focus, keeping a journal etc. It is a safe place to ask for prayer and support. If you would like to connect with others in creative ways about living your word, you can ask to join our Living Your Word of the Year 2020 by clicking on the link below.
URL for Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livingyourwordoftheyear/
URLs for Instagram: #livingyourword2020
CHECK OUT THE BLOGS:
Valerie: https://valeriesjodin.com/blog/ (this one :-))