These are strange times with a global quarantine to fight the corona virus and the shut down of so many events and places. Another strange unseasonable thing – here in the Pacific Northwest we are receiving snow on the day that was scheduled to be the annual St. Patricks Day parade. This year is certainly different!
I am moved by a video I saw of the Italians making music together, each on their own balconies in the midst of quarantine, celebrating the human spirit and connections we have with one another. God bless you Italians and us all with health, peace and joy!
I am choosing to celebrate life,and St. Patrick’s Day. Here is a brief history of St. Patrick and the Celtic Christian hymn ‘Be Thou my Vision.’ Cheers! or Sláinte in Irish (pronounced slan-cha), meaning ‘health.’
Check out Free Course on Book of Kells!
If you want to find out more about the Irish treasure The Book of Kells, check out this free 4-week E-course (began March 8th) at FutureLearn with Trinity College in Dublin.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL ENDS ST. PATRICK’S DAY MARCH 17, 2020
Learn to draw Celtic knots and designs in easy step-by-step ways and personally connect with the meaning of the hymn ‘Be Thou my Vision.’ In this course we go deep into the meaning of each phrase, how to apply what we learn to our lives, and visually illuminate the symbolism and words through Celtic design and illuminated lettering. Watch the video below to find out more.
Many Celtic knots have no beginning and no end. The Christian influence in the Celtic culture redeemed the Celtic knot from the futility of the endless cycle of life to death, transforming it into the hopeful symbolism of life, death and resurrection.
As you draw the Celtic knots in these lessons, you can meditate on the hope we have of everlasting life knowing the God of the cosmos chooses to intertwine Himself with you personally.
In this course, there are 20 illuminated page lessons, one lesson for each phrase in the hymn, which has five verses/stanzas. The knots chosen in each lesson are ones are chosen to relate to the meaning of the words in the hymn. The individual lessons all have detailed video instructions and a PDF layout of the illuminated page, as well as 20 companion video and PDF devotionals with heart-full questions and prompts at the end of each lesson included.
$220 value ~ now $120 for limited time!
- Welcome & supply video to help you get started, including drawing the basic knot and beginning Celtic lettering videos
- 20 video lessons with multiple videos showing start-to-finish how to create 20 illuminated pages for each phrase of the hymn ‘Be Thou my Vision’ in dry media (pencil, pens, colored pencils, with suggested but optional Gelatos®)
- 20 downloadable PDF page layouts of the illuminated pages. Some contain additional PDFs with visual/written instructions. (Please see FAQs below for copyright use)
- 20 video devotionals, around 10 minutes each, to go along with the phrase of the week.
- 20 downloadable devotional PDFs with Scripture, “Heart-full” questions and spiritual exercises to inspire you to grow deeper in your walk with God
- Opportunities for us to interact with one another, both written and through imagery in the comments section of each lesson
- Helpful references, resources, and recommended reading lists & links
- + Bonus lesson of making a traveler’s style journal cover for you illuminated hymn
- + Bonus of weekly inspiration of music link and themed Scripture and/or prayer
How the course works and timeline
The course starts now with the Welcome and information available at time of purchase. It is a journey I am excited to walk together. The lessons are planned for 1 per week, but you will receive two lessons at a time in order to give you the greatest flexibility of when you do the lessons. This is a 20 week course, and after that you will have lifetime access to the entire course. The first two lessons will be published on Friday, March 27, 2020. After that two lessons will be published every other Friday and you will receive a reminder email with a link to our class. Course enrollment ends March 22, 2017.
When does the course start and finish?
- The course starts now with the Welcome and information. It is a journey I am excited to walk together. The lessons are planned for 1 per week, but you will receive two lessons at a time in order to give you the greatest flexibility of when you do the lessons. This is a 20 week course, and after that you will have lifetime access to the entire course. The first two lessons will be published on Friday, March 27, 2020. After that two lessons will be published every other Friday and you will receive a reminder email with a link to our class.
How long do I have access to the course?
- After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own. If this school ever closes you will be notified.
Is this course like Bible Journaling?
- All the techniques taught in this course can be used in Bible journaling and are suitable for thin pages. The specific page layouts are an A5 size and not the size of most of the margins in the journaling Bibles, but elements could be adapted for Bible journaling. Please see the supply list on the sales page for more detailed supply list.
Is this course specifically Christian in the devotional content?
- Yes, influenced by Celtic Christianity, with the belief in the Holy Trinity, God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
To find out about more e-courses on the new streamlined platform visit:
Living Your Word 2020 Opportunity!
Bernice Hopper, and Mary Brack, and I share insights through blog posts for creatively living a word of the year. In our Facebook group, we encourage one another by posting questions and prompts to inspire living out a word focus, keeping a journal etc. It is a safe place to ask for prayer and support. If you would like to connect with others in creative ways about living your word, you can ask to join our Living Your Word of the Year 2020 by clicking on the link below.
URL for Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livingyourwordoftheyear/
URLs for Instagram: #livingyourword2020
CHECK OUT THE BLOGS:
Valerie: https://valeriesjodin.com/blog/ (this one :-))